Thursday, August 12, 2010

Drama-rama

I can't go into details but drama sucks. Hopefully my training hasn't suffered because of it since I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow for the IBJJF Vegas Open. I'm not very happy with IBJJF right now considering they've been the most unorganized I've ever seen them. I believe this is the first year this competition is happening so there aren't very many people in each division and since it's gi and no gi all in one day I'll probably be competing at the crack of dawn or black belts will be at 2 in the morning. Whatever, it's vegas, right? When I originally signed up it was Thursday and the deadline was Saturday. At the time there was no one in my division and very little in a lot of the divisions so I assumed they just hadn't been updating the list frequently. Yes and no. It went to full capacity on Saturday before the intended deadline and there was still no one in there. I made the decision to move up a weight class to medio since there still was no one in leve with me. IBJJF finally got back to me and moved me and then I looked after that was corrected and a girl showed up in my division. Whatever, I'd rather have two other girls than one even if they are heavier than me. Smaller competitions I've been matched with girls in heavier weight classes before, it's not a problem at all. I'm bummed that this tourney is rather small and that it's rather unorganized, I think. I leave early tomorrow morning to head out with my mama and sister and picking up my best friend Jessi in Vegas who's already there visiting family. When the issue came up with having no fights I freaked a little and others kept saying "Whatever, bro, it's Vegas! or DUDE YOU GET A MEDAL WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING. My response was, I'm broke, I don't turn 21 for another half a month, I don't drink and I want to fight. Things are somewhat settled so hopefully I can just get out there with a somewhat empty head and play my game. Stoked to have new music to jam to while warming up including La Roux and Emily Haines. I'll let you know the results, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment