Sunday, May 20, 2012

I never wanted to win at school. High school was the place that I settled for just getting by. I didn't have an excuse for not producing my best work and putting all of my energy into earning high grades. A grade of B was just fine for me because it didn't make anyone nag to me or disappoint my parents. When I see people who do well in school I feel like that could never have been me. I don't want that. It wasn't until now that I have the drive to be the best. I know what my head and heart feel when I have no intention of giving something my full attention and succeeding. That was everything in my past. Here and now, training for the World Championships I know the gold is mine. My opponents will have to want it more than me and literally break me if they want to see me fail. This is what I can excel in, this is where I can claim the best prize, recognition for my efforts and title. No magna cum laude, but rather the ability to say that I am a world champion. On a lighter note check out two companies I support who are supporting my endeavors. www.rolladaptwin.com and www.invertedgear.com Two new great companies, put together would be some raw pandas. Heyo!

2 comments:

  1. I think your sentiments towards high school are pretty common. I enjoyed acquiring my secondary education and how it helped me understand the world around me to a higher degree. I don't love BJJ any less, just cause I enjoy learning. If you suck at academics and say "well I would have been awesome at school if I really wanted to..."

    Well, wouldn't we all? Besides, being a "world champion" at anything other than blackbelt doesn't mean much of anything, It's just a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool story. I was stating that I do well at jiu jitsu because I actually enjoy it. I don't care if it has no bearing on my success in the "real world" like a higher education does. I'm glad you enjoyed school but I don't think you are making a point. And winning a world championship at any belt is a large accomplishment, definitely more than a pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete