Tuesday, October 12, 2010

don't..touch the boobies!!

I recently was approved to become a contributing writer for Suite101.com. I'm not sure how low the approval rate is or how high their standards are but apparently I met them by adding a link to this blog on my application. Suite101 is a freelance writing site that allows people to write basically whatever they want. I choose to write what I know and that's my experiences with BJJ. I know that articles on that site are used for answers to those seeking questions on search sites like google so I wrote my first article for a beginner or someone looking for advice on rolling with girls. What better topic to write about than that? Obviously a lot because I was beating a dead horse. BUT I haven't seen any published writing that was more subjective and whatnot. Sure, I wrote about what's already been said but I figured it was a great way to spread the exposure of BJJ and females to places on the intarwebz other than blogs and forums. My intentions were to write an article stating rebuttals to stupid things guys say regarding the issues they have with rolling with girls--mainly the reasons they don't at all. I originally wrote the subheaders as quotes of the excuses I have heard men make and those were "I'm going to hurt them," "I'm going to violate them" and "Losing to a girl is embarrassing." The editor wanted the headers to be more keyword friendly and make them more relevant to what the average person was going to type into the google search box. I changed it even though it made me sound like I was explaining how every guy makes these excuses and so I'm telling them how to deal with it. I wasn't agreeing that "touching the boobies" was an issue, I was trying to expose these "issues" as retarded and dismiss them altogether. So instead of people reading it and taking whatever applied to them into consideration, I was told that readers felt it was sexist, I was creating a problem that mostly didn't exist and that I sounded unknowledgeable and was asked for my "credentials." I'll blame the editor for changing the complete tone of my article but I thoroughly believe it's filled with some good insight. So read this, and take into consideration that no, not every guy is afraid of molesting a training partner and not every guy is going to have a fit about getting submitted by a lady (or they won't admit haha).
Let me know what you think: http://www.suite101.com/content/why-men-should-train-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-with-females-a295319

P.S. To support my lifestyle, I'm selling stuff I own.. soooooooo I'm just gonna leave this right here...you can take it or leave it...
http://shop.ebay.com/skabarbie101/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

No comments:

Post a Comment